One Year and Counting….
One year ago today, I started my new career at Miami Cigar & Company. For the first time in my life I can say I have found true happiness in my work. It isn’t often we get to wake up in the morning and head to an office doing something we truly love. Perhaps the novelty will wear off as some have suggested, but I don’t see it happening. Tobacco is in my blood, and it is my passion. Here is an insight one what Year 2 will have to offer…
- We leave for our sales meeting, at La Aurora on January 16th. It is here, that many of the new ideas will be brought to the table and discussed. We will taste some samples of cigars and see what 2013 has in store for us.
- February 4th, I leave for 2 weeks to work at La Aurora and learn the factory side of the business.Year 2 will bring more responsibility and a better understanding of all that goes into delivering cigars to you my friends, the consumers.
- February 14th is Nestor Miranda’s 70th Birthday and the limited edition release to celebrate this milestone will hit the shelves at select tobacconists.
- March brings us the DC Tweet-Up!
- March a trip to Esteli, Nicaragua to finalize the 2013 releases from Nestor Miranda
- July is IPCPR in Las Vegas
- August is the Chattanooga Tweet-Up
It’s shaping up to be a busy year ahead, and I hope to see a lot of you on the road! be sure to join me on February 4th, as I blog daily from Santiago and bring you inside La Aurora!